Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ole Ole Bali - Empire Shopping Gallery

Hey everyone, last week my friend and I went to a place with a very strong cultural theme from their country, Ole Ole Bali. We went to Empire Mall near Subang area for an early lunch. Ole Ole Bali has one of the coolest decoration I had visited so far, every little details are there to remind you about Bali, I think their goal is to let their customer to temporary escape from the busy working life for a short moment and travel our minds to their authentic Baliness lifestyle cuisine. Alright enough talking and show some photos for you guys!


The logo clearly indicate the symbol of Bali, that triangular shape like is the shape of a temple from Bali located at the Gunung Kawi Temple, it is a Balinese Hinduism temple about balance and a symbol of life and faith. You could hear the flowing water coming out from the three squares, it creates a feeling of tranquility before entering the restaurant.




The restaurant is not very crowded, as we arrived quite early, around 12PM so I think it is normal to have such little amount of customer in that hour.


Upon entering I noticed the light decoration, as I recall I think that is the tool used in fishing made out of complete cane, quite clever for mixing and transforming it into a usable decoration yet aesthetic tool.

Nice authentic plate coaster there


After we sat down we begin ordering our goods, I wanted to try out their popular cuisine, the Nasi Campur because I saw a lot of good reviews on that.

Below is the goods we had ordered:

Food
  • Siap Bumbu (RM 33.00) – Balinese Roast Chicken with Lemongrass Marinate.
  • Nasi Campur (RM 37.00) – Combination of Balinese Grilled Lemongrass Prawns, Squid, Fish, Choice of Beef or Chicken Renuang and Sate Lilit, served with Lawar Kacang (Beans Salad), Rempeyek (Anchovy Crackers), Sambel Terasi and Sambel Matah.

Drinks
  • Pulut Hitam (RM 12.00) – Black Glutinous, Coconut Milk and Palm Sugar, authentic Balinese flavor.
  • Avocado (RM 12.00)
*government tax and service charges are not included for the above prices.

After we had finished order, I decided to go for a quick tour around the restaurant because I noticed some nice decorations which not many restaurant will have.


Tables with candle lights welcoming customer with warm and delightful environment.


The statue is an elephant, maybe due to Hinduism belief I suppose? It does suits the whole environment well.


The big background of the painting, might be a part of scenery from the history of Bali.


The restaurant also prepared a place for those who like to enjoy their meal with the sun shine, it was noon and the sun is way too bright and hot but there are also people sitting there having their meal despite the hot weather.




They even made a tree like figure using the traditional fishing cane tool, can’t get enough of surprise from them, good job.



So after finishing my tour I walk back to my seat, I can see the staffs are busying preparing the customers’ good, some of them speak Indonesia language (Bahasa Indonesia) to each other, so I guess they are originally from Bali?


Finally our good are served, I got myself a chicken Nasi campur, look at all the small ingredients that forms up and become a whole complete awesome nice cuisine!





The grilled fish and the squid has is nice to chew, oh and the prawns as well.


The sate lilit has a very good lemongrass stick fragrance and was very tempting, very well-seasoned so I wish they offer two sate lilits instead of one.

Next will be my friend’s Siap Bumbu



The ingredients is more or less the same, just that my friend has a nice big roasted chicken and a scoop of yellow rice.



The roasted chicken has a good amount of dry rendang taste and smell, delicious to have if you like rendang food!

The avocado drink that I order



This is just a normal avocado drink but it is also nice to have it as it is sweet and creamy.
My friend’s pulut hitam



“Pulut” means “Glutinous rice”, “Hitam” means “Black” so literally means Black glutinous rice, the reason my friend ordered this is because not many restaurant serve this drinks, the green “ribbon” on top is “Pandan” a tropical plant found in South East Asian named Pandanus amaryllifolius. The drink is refreshing at its best, easy to finish it without you even notice.

Ole Ole Bali has good environment and the food is not so spicy overall for us, so do not worry about it, I think they tune down for those who does not usually have spicy food regularly such as western foreigners. Be sure to give it a try if you guys haven’t try before.

  • Food 7/10
  • Price 8/10
  • Presentation 9/10
  • Environment 9/10

Below are the details of the restaurant.
Ole-Ole Bali @ Empire Subang Gallery
LG 27, Lower Ground Floor,
Empire Shopping Gallery,
Jalan SS16/1, 47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor

Tel: + 601-5022 2620

Operating hours: 10AM to 10PM daily

No comments:

Post a Comment