Sunday, January 19, 2014

Alexis - Gardens

Hi how are you guys? Shopping complex is full of sales for Chinese New Year items, cloths, hamper, and mandarin orange fruits and more, today my friend and me decided to go to Mid-Valley for movie, shopping comes later because we have not been to cinema for a long time, so before the movie we are looking for a place for lunch, a place where we can chat at ease.

We decided to have our lunch in Alexis restaurant, a stylish, warm, sometimes with live band performance, but no performance for us when we went there, what a bummer.
Alexis
Alexis - Garden

We sat and order our goods, below is the list of food we ordered:

Main
Roast tarragon chicken (RM 40.00) – served with morel Normandy, savoy cabbage stew & crushed pink peppercorn.
Slow roasted duck magret (RM 47.00) – served with petit orange & fennel salad

Sides
Sautéed prawns with chili & garlic, extra virgin olive oil (RM 25.00)
*government tax and service charges are not included for the above prices.

After around 10 minutes, our food are served:
Sautéed prawns with chili & garlic, extra virgin olive oil 

As you can see those prawns are soaked in the olive oil, with some minced scallion leaves on top, a medium amount of garlic, chili are there but I do not feel the spice, this dish is kind of plain for me, even the prawns mixed with the scallion leaves and garlic, however the prawns is tender when bite, since it is sautéed it should have the freshness in the prawn meat when taste, but I do not get that when we eat it just felt the overall dish is quite oily.
The main dishes is still on their way so we look around the interior of the restaurant, it had changed some since …. I cannot remember but I am sure it changed the position of the table seats.


Nice red hanged menu

The restaurant do serve wine at their bar, located somewhere within their restaurant. Speaking of alcoholic stuffs, one of the dish I ordered the roast tarragon chicken contain alcohol in the making of the dish.

Speak of the dish and it shall appear in front of me
Roast tarragon chicken 

In this photo the crispy skin of the chicken is kind of reddish, but if you see this dish in person, it is yellowish in color, more like a golden yellowish. Notice the side there, the one with the mint leave on top, those are called morel or as known as morchella, morchella is a type of edible mushroom, I did not know what is that when I eat it, but it interested me due to its weird outlook, at first I thought that was a part from the chicken’s inner organ.

Anyway, the chicken has a nice crispy skin and a juicy meat, the meat is not hard to bite either, I would say I like this dish, you might want to dip a piece of chicken around the mayonnaise sauce and eat with the savoy cabbage and pink peppercorn.

And the last one from my friend
Slow roasted duck magret 

Based on the looks of the dish, the duck meat looks tight enough for those who likes to spend their time chewing on the meat, do get me wrong, chewy meat are sometimes favorable by certain people, I consider one of them, I like to chew meat which are juicy, like this duck meat. I only tried one piece of the meat, did not try the salad part at all so I am not sure about how the salad taste like, but the duck meat is nice and chewy for me.

After a long chit-chatting and waiting for the movie while enjoying our meal (except the prawns), we had ourselves a great time with the good environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment