Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Let’s mambo – La Boca Latino Bar

Heus! Meaning “Hi!” spoken in Latin language, quis mean “delicious” and pleni means full. You must be wondering why I’m saying these Latin words, this time we are going for a Latino bar located in Pavillion, behold the La Boca latino bar. Last Saturday my brother and I happen to be in Pavillion for chillax, so we had our lunch at this nice Latin American restaurant, why we choose this place for our lunch? Maybe we got caught by the colorful wall painting and the nice interior design that standout, with the help of the lighting installed and the bricks design, the whole shop look very inviting.

Look at the colorful restaurant.


Wondering why the chairs are all in different colors separated by section.

Ok, so basically as you can see these photos are the interior of the restaurant, the reason why they decorated it such way is because the theme for the restaurant which in this case the Tango street of “Caminito”, a real street located in La Boca, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Just done a quick search on google, Caminito is a tango music composed by Juan de Dios Filiberto, because the song is famous so there is a street museum name after it, and the images found in google is quite the same as the painting in the restaurant (Even the colors are so colorful in real life).

Their kitchen guarded by the guy at the wall....

After we finished decide our food and drinks, we asked the waitress to take our order, after she did she suddenly moved the chair from another table to our table and we just sat there looking each other for a second, she was actually offering a space for my brother’s camera bag, we smile and thanked her, nice services here. Below are the food I ordered:

Main dish
Nachos Rancheros - RM 26.00 (with added beef - RM 5.00)

Side dish
Sorrentinos - RM 32.00

I only ordered 2 dishes because my brother had his late breakfast so I thought I only ordered food for myself, we ordered coffee for our drinks, a Café con Leche - RM 9.00 and an Affogato - RM 12.00. After a while our drinks are served


Café con lecho

Affogato - Scoop of vanila gelato poured over with espresso

The drinks are quite normal, the only significant taste is the Affogato, it has a sweet taste at first due to the vanilla gelato and then after a while you will feel a slight bitter for after taste.

After a few minutes the Nachos Rancheros is served

Yummmyyy

Alright Nachos Rancheros is made by corn tortilla chips, refried beans, jalapeno, melted cheese, guacamole (green color), and sour cream. It was quite a small portion compare to the image in the menu but I smelled a strong smell of cheese, so how I consume it, naturally I took a tortilla chip and dip some guacamole sauce and some sour cream, it was tasty and it made me wanted to have another one due to the sour cream that increased my appetite, the beef part comes with tomato sauce. I like the cheese part, the cheese Is basically not so liquid type kind of cheese that I expected, it is already half-harden state, but they provided a huge amount of cheese and I like cheese plus the sour cream I thought I could finish it in no time, but I was wrong, I cannot finish it even though my brother is helping me, the portion might be medium, but it is capable of making you full, it was a good food though and it’s their recommended food as well.

Next dish

Sorrentinos - handmade Argentinean style ravioli stuffed with turkey ham, mozzarella and ricotta cheese in a rich roma tomato and basil sauce
I didn’t know that an Italian pasta can shape like this until I try this dish, honestly I thought they given me a wrong order, so after a quick search and I found that the term “ravioli” might be the answer, “ravioli” is a type of Italian filled pasta, nice, gained a knowledge by literally eating it. The sorrentinos’s filling look like this

Cheeseeeee

A lot of cheese inside but only small portion of the turkey ham, it would be better if they had a larger turkey ham I think. The food was good but due to the fact that I am already half-full, this pasta is above average in terms of taste, it will taste better if you dip the pasta in the tomato and basil sauce.

Conclusion

After we done with our food, we have reached to the maximum of our stomach’s capacity, we are contented with nice environment and the food overall, the food was worth of its price and it is not disappointing, this is a restaurant for people who enjoy food and music from other culture (they play Latin songs), the main target audience here are mostly westerners.



Be sure to check it out, I’ve included the google map.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment