Monday, November 11, 2013

Taste or place? - CHATEAU DE C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E.E.S.

Last Friday like most people after the exhausting work, a bunch of friend and me plan to go for a nice dinner somewhere in Cheras. After some hard time on deciding what food and which restaurant to land our feet on, (happen always…) we come up with this place, CHATEAU DE C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E.E.S.

A short introduction about this place, CHATEAU DE C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E.E.S. was first founded in 2006, it starts off as a humble coffee joint and now it became such nice looking restaurant. Their customers range are wide, from students to workers, from friends to families; the restaurant is designed to serves for events such as ROM ceremony, Wedding, Anniversary, birthday party or company dinner.

So as we parked our car within their compound, there are assistants there to help you in difficult parking slots, do not worry it is free of charge. The environment there is relaxing as most of the stuffs there are painted in white color, the lights there are quite dim, and I am sorry I did not manage to take any nice photos because my phone is not good in taking nice photos in low light condition.

Alright as I walked in I heard there are people singing “Happy Birthday” in a room somewhere, so I am guessing this place is quite happening even in the night. So after we found a place to sit and we start to browse through the menu, it serves more on western food more as I expected, there are pizza, steaks, salad, pasta, burgers and many more. After while I decided to order their

Honey sesame mustard lamb loin (RM 29.00)
The description is written: New Zealand lamb flame grilled with fresh wholegrain mustard sauce and mashed potato

Beef Pepperoni pizza (RM 22.00)

Crispy squid GOMA salad (RM 22.00)
Description as written: green vegetables salad served with authentic Japanese sesame dressing & grilled chicken

While waiting my food to serve, I noticed there are also some other people having some shishas and chill out there. I also noticed most of the customers here are all well-dressed and with a camera holding in their hand, I guess they are celebrating something too? Or they are going to take photo with all the nice interior design as background? Either way I think the environment here is pretty classy (no wonder they offer a wedding ceremony event)

Not many minutes ago the wait is over!! Here is the photos I am trying to capture, it is not that clear as the lighting there is quite dim (sorry again~)

Honey sesame mustard lamb loin

Let us start with the lamb loin, by the looks of it, I can see the tomato is not that red, I think it is an old tomato? Was it meant to be like that? Well it does not look very appetizing to me, the mashed potato is fine, just that it is a little cold, then I try the lamb loin, first bite is nice the taste is good especially added with the wholegrain mustard sauce, however the lamb loin is very chewy, I need to bite several times to break lamb into pieces, too bad it is kind of a letdown.

So I started to try the pepperoni beef pizza


Beef Pepperoni pizza

The taste is tedious, it does have the smell of cheese, I can barely taste the beef as well, and the bread is thinner than I thought it would be because it is written in the menu that the bread will be thin but for me I think it is way too thin for me to bite.


Then I went for the salad,


Crispy squid GOMA salad

When I saw the word “GOMA” I am curious about the meaning of the term, so I done a search on the web and I found that it is a Japanese way of dressing a salad here is the source from Wikipedia:

Goma-ae (胡麻和え), sometimes also spelled Gomaae or Gomae is a Japanese side dish. It is made with vegetables and sesame dressing (goma meaning sesame and ae meaning sauce in Japanese).

So after a few bites of the salad, to be honest I kind of like it, the vegetable is fresh, the squid is crispy and the portion is big enough, at least the tomato looks fresh, it is very appetizing and taste just fine.

I think CHATEAU DE C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E.E.S. restaurant consider a type of restaurant that provide super nice environment for customer, it is capable in creating a cozy mood for us to chill out with friends, have some families gathering and such, I have yet to try out most of the food there but this time I feel it is just normal, maybe what I am paying is the moment I spend there with my beloved ones? Anyway I will try other dishes next time.


Whoever interested go visit the restaurant, here is the Google map


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment