Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ishin Japanese dining

Hi all, in this post I am going to share a place where you may experience having freshly done air-flown quality ingredients on your plate in a nice cozy ambience environment, do I got your attention? Good read on to be amazed! Last week my friend and I were discussing about some requirement of a good food and environment with the worthy of the price given, and then as he recalled, he suggest we a place where it meets his taste and then we are good to go, the Ishin Japanese dining. Off we go without any hesitation, we reached there at 8.30PM and still worrying whether it is full house or not.


When we arrived, I saw a landed house exterior as their restaurant and I saw a valet parking service section. We prayed hard to have the waitress to lead us to their unreserved table because it was quite crowded, lucky for us, we got our seats.



Every table has a small set of these:


It is tooth picks and soy sauce, they made it looks authentic with effect of the small burning candle light. 

Creating a feeling of owning the moment from the dim light, too bad my friend is a guy, it would be better if is a girl because the restaurant’s ambience and interior was made to stimulate Japanese culture. The picture hanging of the Fuji Mountain, Sakura flowers, the decoration from the Japanese beers if you notice at the photo above.



Alright we ordered our food using the iPad they provided, yes an iPad as their menu. You could say this is actually as same as one of the Japanese retail restaurant Sakae sushi which also using an iPad, but the only thing is you still need to ask the waiter or waitress there to take order from you, the iPad is just for viewing purpose only.

These are the dinner set we have ordered:
  • Sashimi Zen (RM 58.00)
  • Teppanyaki Seafood Course (RM 48.00)

After we ordered around 5 minutes, they served the appetizer and drinks, hot green tea and fried fish with mayonnaise I guess? I have no idea what is that, so please do correct me if I am wrong, thanks in advance.


After several minutes of waiting while me and my friend was taking photos awkwardly but without interfering the mood of other customers and staffs (hopefully…). Our food is served!! First thing I was like “Woah” because it was in big portion and another thing was the Sashimi Zen has an ice bowl for the fish meat, literally an ice bowl. We do not see anyone has the ice bowl even though that is the same dish we order, honestly we felt special that moment. Check the photos out!


Ah the chawanmushi in Japanese is called “Tea cup steam”, as the photo shown it is an egg custard dish, this is a cold chawanmushi.


Another ingredient from the Sashimi Zen set.


Ah this is the one I meant about freshly done meat, there are 4 types of fish meat here, Sashimi fish, white tuna, red tuna and Salmon fish. According to their official website, their fish is from Tsukiji fish market, Tokyo. Tsukiji fish market is the biggest wholesale fish and other seafood market in the world that it became one of the major foreign attraction.

I tried the white tuna, it was fantastic, the meat feels like it melt by the time you place it on your tongue, and it is very soft and fresh. Then I tried the red tuna for a change, red tuna’s meat is tender compare to white tuna, it gives you the joy of biting it bit by bit.

The Salmon and Sashimi has the sweetness from the freshness of the fish, overall the fish is the main thing to have for this dish, and we were contented by the thickness of the meat given.

Next thing up


This is a Teppanyaki dish, a style of Japanese cuisine which uses an iron griddle to cook the good food, “Teppan” means iron plate and “Yaki” means grilled. So as you see in the photos, most of the ingredients is grilled.


The garlic rice is nice, I could just have it without anything on it.


The salad is the nicest for me because it taste very unusual, thanks to my friend, he told me to try until to the soy sauce of the salad, it taste delicious because the soy sauce is added a little bit of wasabi, it helps clear out the other taste from your taste bud and nose, so that you may fully concentrate on the freshness of the vegetable, great move I thought.


The grilled prawn has a well tenderness when bite, it was not hard nor too soft, just nice. Besides the prawn, the scallops is very nice too, the texture of the surface slide into your mouth.


There are fruits for each of us, for our finishing meal purpose. I thought this place was awesome, the food was top-notch freshness in quality, the price was reasonable and the place has nice cozy feeling. I will recommend to my friends for sure.
  • Food 8/10
  • Price 9/10
  • Presentation 10/10
  • Environment 7/10
Below are the details of the restaurant.
No. 202, Persiaran Klang Batu 3 3/4 Off Jalan Kelang Lama, 58000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +603 7980 8228
Fax: +603 7981 0011
For reservations, please call +603-7980 8228
Free valet services available.

Operating hours:
Lunch 12pm – 3pm
Dinner 6pm – 10.30pm.

Website: ishin.my

No comments:

Post a Comment